PAYTRAN-AD-HERE-1000-82

Senator McCain censured

mccain-2A mandatory meeting was held today by the Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC).  Precinct Committee men/women voted on a Resolution to Censure Senator John McCain. The vote was overwhelming with 1,150 voting yes and 351 voting no.

The Maricopa County GOP’s resolution cited McCain’s criticism of the Party’s stand on the debt ceiling, gun rights, judicial nominees, as well as his defense of the Democrat’s position on amnesty and Obamacare.

McCain has been widely unpopular across Arizona, but over the years he has established a political machine known to crush any opposition.

Maricopa County is the most populous area in the state with Phoenix at its center.  Maricopa County has been the stronghold for the Arizona GOP.

Maricopa County Republican Chairman A. J. LaFaro noted that McCain was censured also by the Mohave County Republican Central Committee on Jan 4, the Apache County Republican Committee on Jan 9, and the Maricopa County Legislative District (LD) 26 Precinct Committeemen rebuked McCain on Sept 9, 2013.

According to LaFaro, the MCRC resolution, drafted by LD30 Chairman Timothy Schwartz, is reflective of the growing dissatisfaction and discontent with McCain’s performance among grassroots Republicans in Maricopa County, Arizona and the U.S.

RESOLUTION

As leaders in the Republican Party, we are obligated to fully support our Party, platform, and its candidates. Only in times of great crisis or betrayal is it necessary to publicly censure our leaders. Today we are faced with both. For too long we have waited, hoping Senator McCain would return to our Party’s values on his own. That has not happened. So with sadness and humility we rise and declare:

Whereas Senator McCain has amassed a long and terrible record of drafting, co-sponsoring and voting for legislation best associated with liberal Democrats, such as Amnesty, funding for ObamaCare, the debt ceiling, assaults on the Constitution and 2nd amendment, and has continued to support liberal nominees;

Whereas this record has been disastrous and harmful to Arizona and the United States; and,

Whereas Senator McCain has campaigned as a conservative and made promises during his re-election campaigns, such as the needed and welcomed promise to secure our borders and finish the border fence, only to quickly flip-flop on those promises; and

Whereas McCain has abandoned our core values and has been eerily silent against Liberals, yet publicly reprimands Conservatives in his own Party, therefore

BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED that the Maricopa County Republican leadership censures Senator McCain for his continued disservice to our State and Nation, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that until he consistently champions our Party’s Platform and values, we, the Republican leadership in Arizona will no longer support, campaign for or endorse John McCain as our U.S. Senator.

Related articles:

McCain’s pro-Syrian bombing roadshow (updated)

Salmon grills Kerry; Flake, McCain support Syria bombing

2013 Person of the Year: The Wrath of McCain

Share Button
  • New--Nelson New--Nelson
  • marichi-ad-650 marichi-ad-650
  • BOTTOM-AD-AD BOTTOM-AD-AD
  • paytran-bottom-border-ad paytran-bottom-border-ad

Comments

1. Call to Action says:

All Right Now there is some action. Hats off to the Maricopa County Republican Committee.

2. For the purpose of this vote, I wish I lived in Maricopa County and could have voted against McCain also. He’s a turd, of the First Order, and needs to go away.

3. Huzzah!! Thank you Maricopa County!

4. As a resident of Maricopa County and a (reluctant) member of the GOP, I can tell you Republicans in Maricopa County are NOT at all happy with John McCain. He’s treading on very shaky ground out here. His public meetings are not supportive of him and he openly avoids taking any questions from people he knows are going to challenge him on all the above points. Let’s hope he’s GONE in his next run.

• Binder Rosa says:

I am a proud member of the Arizona Republican Party because I AM the party. I’m not going to “hope” McCain is gone. I will make sure John McCain is never reelected in this state again by working hard with my fellow precinct committeemen to alert our neighbors of both parties to STOP him at the ballot box.

• Tom Crosby says:

You hit the nail on the head, Binder Rosa. See Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution. That’s what it means to be a Republican. If we go globalist, we’ll lose our Constitution.

Tom Crosby
        Chairman LD 14 Republican Committee

5. I would guess most Arizonans are NOT at all happy with him! He certainly doesn’t support the Republican platform. Perhaps the rest of the GOP can censure him at the statewide mtg coming up. I fear we’ll be doing it to Flake soon, too. Both lied during the campaign about amnesty & now refuse to have any open town halls. Just appalling.

6. Heck, I don’t support the republicans because they are so far off base they have lost touch with reality but then I have to say the same for the democrats.

7. I was there. It was resolution 8 of 14. I was happy to show McShame that the PC’s had a spin; we would no longer canvas for him. Yes, here in AZ freedom is popular.

8. He is the reason I’m a Republican. I was an Independent but I wanted to work and vote against McCain in the primaries. Now I’m working hard to get the McCain clones like Flake & McSally out. This is a great step by the Maricopa GOP It’s about time. I doubt that the Ray Carrol’s, Jim Clicks, Carolyn Cox’s, and Emil Franzi’s will do anything. They love being RINO’s. Get them all out.

• Call to Action says:

Funny he is the reason I became anI ndependent because I could no longer live with myself identifying with a party that not only supported but proudly let him carry the banner representing the State of Arizona. That was back when He joined Hilliary in her move to overhaul healthcare (baby obamacare) during her husbands adminiatration.

Now that the GOP has awakened I may have to reconsider my Registration after 17 years.

• Tom Crosby says:

Yes, Call to Action. The battle that was once clearly delineated between the Democrat and Republican Party has since moved INTO the Republican Party. In the Republican Party is where the battle for our Country’s and children’s future is. If you rip McCain from outside the Republican Party, it is meaningless. When I came to AZ I registered No Party. The Cochise County Party platform is what made me re-register Republican. Then I ran for, and won office, and now sit as Chairman of LD 14. Last Saturday, we all had a chance as PC’s to take or re-take our Constitutional Oath, administered by State Senator Gail Griffin.

• Binder Rosa says:

You are naming names and I support you.

9. It’s about time the GOP is coming to its senses. Now how about Brewer?

10. We need to do exactly the same thing to McLame here in Pima County but like rr says above, the GOP in Pima will do whatever it takes to keep that clown in office.

11. If McCain runs again, I will change my party registration. Enough is too much. Good riddance John. You are a fraud.

12. NO, to McCain and Flake for AZ, and NO to McSally for CD2. We don’t want a carpetbagger, McCain underling to represent us here in CD2.

• Just remember that Florida did not want him either. That is one reason why he came to Arizona, and you remember the “carpetbagger” label that most people gave him when he ran for Congress.
      Barry Goldwater was getting ready to retire and here was the chance to get into that office, virtually free of competition. I remember people saying he was another BG.. So much for legacys.

13. McCain has assuredly outlived his usefulness. Yes, he was, maybe still is to some, a genuine hero, but that has all passed is this is now. He has aligned himself with those who do not have the best interests of their constituents in mind. He is a full-fledged politician, nothing more or less, and it’s long past time for him to go. McCain and others like him are the single best advertisement for term limits.
    I often think of what it would have been like if he had won over Obama and always come to the same conclusion, no difference. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not standing up for the chief liar in any way. He’s one of the worst “leaders” we’ve ever had but I think McCain would have been as bad. Remember who his running mate was.

14. Call to Action says:

WOW Did Flake ever suck us in and McSally is a McCain clone Carpetbagger who parachuted in from Germany when The special election for G Giffords seat was vacated. She was such a competent pilot that she took off once on an empty gas tank. Yup it happened. She has been hanging around for Two years now and we know nothing about her. PIMA GOP find a real candidate to oppose Barber she is already a two time loser supported by McCain.

15. I’m looking for Chief Wooten who wrote the letter to Paul Ryan that went viral. We need to find him and ask him to serve his country one more time. Please chief. Help us.

16. Great! Just in time for his retirement! What the hell took so long?!?

17. J. Albright says:

Any elected representative should represent the PEOPLE, not the “party”. The Republican party has been abducted by far-right extremists who have not been working in the best interest of America and Americans.
    I disagree with much about McCain, but even more with the Republican party that has been virtually gifting liberal democrats with election victories because of the out-of-touch ideology to which they adhere. How will any shred of conservatism be achieved in America when the masses now consider the liberal democrats the lesser of the evils?
    This latest action by a small minority of “republicans” will gain national attention in the media, and only serve to gain the support of a handful of those on the far right, while further alienating moderates. And the reality is that more democrats will win elections in 2014 because of this kind of action. I don’t understand if it is sheer arrogance or sheer idiocy that causes the far right to do things like this. This is how to win local but lose on a national level.

• I doubt you are a precinct committeeman & I doubt you were present during the meeting. But, suffice it to say that the vast majority of hardworking precinct committeemen voted to sanction McCain – not because we’re “far right” – but because – WE BELIEVE IN THE US CONSTITUTION. Don’t know if you’ve read the document, but it’s worth the effort. McCain – apparently has NOT read it, although he took an oath to uphold it. Anyway – before you start bashing a huge number of people who simply believe that our constitution is a worthy document, please check McCain’s voting record – it’s almost 100% in line with Harry Reid – which says…..He’s a Democrat in sheep’s clothing.

18. Dr. Phil Corson says:

McCain should have been subject to term limitations looooooooong ago!

19. Arizona voters are to blame for this man. He is paid to represent Arizona and all I ever hear of him is his flying all over the world warmongering. Constantly.

20. Reinstate the 17th amendment. NOW

• I hope you mean repeal the 17th amendment. NOW
      Election of senate by popular vote is detrimental to states rights. If that is what you meant I agree.

21. Rightsmite says:

Censure is good, but getting the signatures together on a petition to recall and unseat McCain would be better!! Who does this jerk think he is? I don’t understand how he was re-elected in the first place. He has always been a traitor.

22. As a precinct committeeman in attendance at the MCRC meeting on Saturday, I can tell you that McCain is vehemently opposed by GOP leaders. But, sanctioning him may result in decreased contributions from GOP supporters who see this vote as a devision. So, we need to be prepared to open our wallets (that means YOU) & help the GOP leadership support those people running against the RINOs in the future. There’s a dark side to everything & the simple truth is – that McCain has almost unlimited resources to run his campaigns – that allows him to thumb his nose at anyone or anything, including the MCRC sanctions.

23. I am retired Army VN vet and I have said since he first became a senator that he was the Manchurian Candidate and he has never done anything to make me change my mind.

24. I love you Maricopa County Republicans!! Thank you for doing the right thing and telling your ‘supposed’ representative how he has failed YOU, his constituents, and you will not accept his deceptive actions. I salute you from Michigan!

25. Thank God for your action. This man has not only misrepresented the people of Arizona, but he has caused damage to the conservative cause for our whole nation. This should have happened long ago.
    Please, Arizona, do not let him represent you and the rest of the conservatives of this nation.
    Good Work!! Keep it up.

26. If people want to run, they need to have the $$ to do so and not totally rely on ‘donations’. This is what causes problems, they get the ‘donations’ and forget what they were supposed to do. They never have any ‘skin’ in the game as they like to say. I refuse to fund the rnc or any political party until they find candidates that are not in it for themselves. BOTH parties are at fault for this. look at what the dems offer/run, they a less qualified generally than the r candidates and have as much if not more baggage to carry. People complain about the lack of term limits, we have term limits but for whatever reason people DON’T VOTE because they dont like a candidate or he has too much money, wrong religious beliefs etc.

Too many like to cut their noses off to spit their faces, and any excuse to not participate is heaven sent for them. The dems get their people out to vote and then whine and cry because they live in baja az, a place rapidly going down the drain because they vote PARTY, not candidate. Tell me who in the last several elections the dems have put forward that were qualifed candidates? Wodney, godeard, carmona? who they gonna run this time the carpet bagger from texas who is running on st gabbies skirt tails? Complain all you want, but you want term limits for people, VOTE them out. Find good alternatives. But dont say its the r’s, look at what the dems did to force the ‘other’ candidates out from the primaries last time. Talk about PARTY POLITICS!!

27. Finally the people of Arizona are waking up to the disaster that Sen. John McCain has become. Bravo!

The right candidates will get my financial support and advocacy!

Weather forecast by WP Wunderground & Denver Snow Service